Thursday, August 25, 2011

Minneapolis Trip









The second week in August I had the opportunity to attend a Nurse Educator conference in Minneapolis, MN. The hotel was real close to Mall of America, and I wanted someone to go with me. Then I thought, who loves to shop? So, of course I asked my sister Lisa to go with me. We first met in St. Louis and flew out the next morning. We luckily arrived early, so we were able to go to Mall of America right after lunch!!! It was awesome. It had 3 levels and best of all, there was an amusement park in the middle. There were probably 5 roller coasters, a carousel, a log flume ride, and many many more rides for the kids. There is one picture here where Lisa and I were eating and we were looking out over the park. We ate great meals, walked A LOT, and had a really good relaxing time together. Now of course, I had to attend a conference for two days, but one evening we took the train all the way to the new Target field, home of the Minneapolis Twins baseball team. We also walked a long way over the Mississippi River to try and find a good eating place, but all we got were blisters! It was nice and all, but we ended up going all the way back to the mall and eating there anyway. The pictures here are two of the amusement park, Mall of America sign outside, two pics are huge animals and robots made out of legos. There was a big Legos store there which was great! Thanks for going with me Lisa, that was fun--even if we didn't ride the log ride!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment