While down in Houston, we had a little bit of time to take in some sites. One day we had "free" so we went to the Science Museum where there were dinosaur exhibits, stuff about chemistry, animals, --I'm not going to say too much except it was too expensive for what we saw. We were not too impressed. But this one picture is of Paul and I in front of Rexy (for those who saw Night at the Smithsonian you know who I am talking about). But on Saturday we went down to Kemah, TX and went to the boardwalk. That was way cool!!! Except for the 99 degree weather, Paul , I and Jerry had a great time. The boardwalk overlooks the bay/gulf right next to Galveston. The boardwalk did survive but we were told all the buildings had major damage after Hurrican Ike, including 6-9 feet of water in the lower levels of all the restaurants. We stopped and had a drink, and our waitress said that the car which was on the lower level was found several blocks down. Kemah Boardwalk features an amusement park with rides, lots of resturants to eat at, and knick knack shops. While walking on the boardwalk, you get to watch all the boats sail in and out of the harbor--some of those boats (yachts) were awesome. Before leaving we ate at Joe's Crab Shack and then Paul couldn't resist getting some ice cream for his sweet tooth. If you get the chance, you gotta check this place out. I know the kids would have loved it!
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Houston site seeing
While down in Houston, we had a little bit of time to take in some sites. One day we had "free" so we went to the Science Museum where there were dinosaur exhibits, stuff about chemistry, animals, --I'm not going to say too much except it was too expensive for what we saw. We were not too impressed. But this one picture is of Paul and I in front of Rexy (for those who saw Night at the Smithsonian you know who I am talking about). But on Saturday we went down to Kemah, TX and went to the boardwalk. That was way cool!!! Except for the 99 degree weather, Paul , I and Jerry had a great time. The boardwalk overlooks the bay/gulf right next to Galveston. The boardwalk did survive but we were told all the buildings had major damage after Hurrican Ike, including 6-9 feet of water in the lower levels of all the restaurants. We stopped and had a drink, and our waitress said that the car which was on the lower level was found several blocks down. Kemah Boardwalk features an amusement park with rides, lots of resturants to eat at, and knick knack shops. While walking on the boardwalk, you get to watch all the boats sail in and out of the harbor--some of those boats (yachts) were awesome. Before leaving we ate at Joe's Crab Shack and then Paul couldn't resist getting some ice cream for his sweet tooth. If you get the chance, you gotta check this place out. I know the kids would have loved it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment